Claire Danes covers Glamour Magazine // January 2014

Dress, belt, The Row; bracelets, Jennifer Meyer.
Claire Danes covers Glamour Magazine's January 2014 issue and talks about her hit series, Homeland, her hot hubby, Hugh Dancy, her baby and shoes! Yes, she is a shoeholic, just like me!! I loved her in Romeo+Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio, they had great chemistry, and in The Family Stone, where she played Sarah Jessica Parker's sister. If you haven't already watched The Family Stone, now it is a great opportunity, a Christmas Family Movie, which is very funny and extremely touching at the same time. I am definitely watching it again!!

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Read through the post for some bits and pieces of her interview...



Shirt, Chloé; jeans, J Brand; bracelets, Jennifer Meyer; heels, Michael Kors.
On Her Husband, Hugh Dancy: "Well, it's true that you often kind of forget to see the person you're most intimate with, but occasionally I'll come to and sort of think, Oh my God! You're really, really good-looking! [Laughs.] I'm embarrassed now! It's nice to occasionally have that flash."

On Embracing the Word "Feminist": "I am a feminist. And I'm so glad that [Girls creator and star] Lena Dunham exists, because she is one too, and she's quite vocal about it. Yes, women have more freedom and more influence than ever, but it's hardly equal. It's just not."

Dress, Alexander Wang.
On Those "Claire Danes Cry Face" Memes: "I think people are made uncomfortable by uncensored expressions of emotion. But, you know, that's my job. I don't have those fears. I really have never been concerned about being beautiful on-screen. That's just not my jam. I'm concerned about it if I'm playing a beautiful character. But it's not relevant for Carrie. I don't need to worry about that, and I think that's really great. I love sitting in the makeup trailer and getting my makeup done in 15 minutes as opposed to an hour and a half."

On Her Homeland Character's Wardrobe: "Carrie wears a lot of Theory. That is her brand. She's a Theory girl. It's a lot of navy. A lot of navy. I actually forget how to wear my own clothing when I'm filming because I wear basically the same pair of jeans and a long-sleeve T-shirt and then change out of it and immediately into my pantsuit."

Dress, top, belt, Derek Lam; bracelets, Jennifer Meyer.
On Her Backup Career Choice: "If I hadn't been an actress, I was thinking seriously about going into psychology. It's just really what I'm interested in: the human psyche and how we process information. How we experience feelings and create our own personal narratives. Acting is just an extrapolation of that."

Photos and text via Glamour Magazine.