All About My Hair


Many of you have been asking me about my hair, like how do I take care of it, if it is all mine, who is my hairdresser and more. This is why I decided to write a dedicated post that I will try to answer all those questions. To begin with, those of you that have been around for a while must have realized by now that I love my hair. I think it is the best part of me and I take care of it the best way I can.

What is your hair color? 
My natural color is an ashy dark blonde (No.8). I have grown quite a few grey hair lately, but gets mixed with my highlights so I don't worry about that just yet.


Eight years ago, I decided to start highlighting my hair and haven't stopped since! I do it twice a year, approx. every 6 months. I always ask my colorist to keep it in blonde tones and close to my natural color. Right now my color looks like an ombre but it's not!

Where can I get the color technique you have?
The man I trust with my hair color is Ilias Morogiannis @ TEO Hair Design, in Glyfada. He perfectly understands what I want and perfectly executes it. He is the Master of (hair) Color! The color technique he is using is painting, which makes the hair look totally natural.


What is your hair care routine? 
The texture is not too thin or too thick. It is also wavy. I can straighten it or curl it and with the right products it will stay like this for days. It gets greasy on the roots after 3-4 days and the tips become brittle if I forget my oil. I wash it 2-3 times a week, depending the greasiness.

Whenever I don't go to the hairdresser, I avoid blowing it dry. Instead, I braid it and let it dry naturally. When I go to bed I let it loose and put a towel on my pillow. The beach-wave effect the next morning is amazing and I highly recommend it!

What products do you use?
For years, before I even started blogging, I have been using Gliss shampoos & masks, all three ranges for damaged hair (white, gold & black) with a particular preference to the white one!  I am also using L'Oreal Professionnel & Kerastase masks for frizz control and dry oils for split-end prevention.


Do you wear extensions/tresses?
No, I don't! It is all mine. I was lucky enough to meet Marina, the ONLY hairdresser that doesn't want to cut my hair and loves seeing it grow!! One in a million, right? I love her because she loves her job and my hair almost as much as I do. For more than a year we have only been trimming the tips just to keep the hair healthy. We are aiming to grow it 6cm more. She is my hair-doctor, my psychiatrist, my angel. And she is the one "responsible" for my lovely curls.

And if you have more questions, feel free to ask me, I will be more than happy to answer.

 xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke