Met Gala 2016 Favorites // Red Carpet


It's been 10 days since the 2016 Met Ball, Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, but I am sharing my favorites today. I think this is my biggest delay ever to cover an important red carpet event, but I am pretty sure that you will still enjoy it. It's all about the never-ending glamour, right? So, fasten your seat-belts and enjoy the ride! Better late than never...

I believe that Blake Lively wore the most 'fairytale' dress of the evening and she was "the belle of the ball" alongside 'princess-y' Claire Danes. According to an interview that designer Zac Posen gave a day after the gala, Claire's 'Cinderella' dress took six people around 600 hours to make! The gown was created using custom-made Gossamer fabric, sourced in France. To make the dress light up, LED lights and 30 mini battery packs were sewn into the lining. And to keep it as light as possible, he said, the dress was hollow inside, overlayed with the delicate, almost transparent, Gossamer. Finally, the actress also had a midnight deadline, just like Cinders. Posen, who has been friends with the actress since they were teenagers, told Entertainment Weekly that the dress was returned to the atelier by its 11.30pm curfew, with Danes changing for the after-party. [source: Metro UK]



As you can realize, I couldn't decide whose photo I should put first, but eventually Blake won because of the flowers (of course! the flowers! it's always about the flowers!!). However, I must admit that although the dress was one of my favorite and Blake one of the prettiest, I didn't like the hair, the makeup and the earrings, all three combined. Maybe if one of them was out, preferably the hair, she would be the winner, but... Claire was also stunning and Amber looked ravishing.

To sum it up, I honestly think that last year's red carpet looked way better, at least I had more "wow" moments. Scroll down to see my favorites and don't forget to write yours in the comments!

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos via PopSugar

Claire Danes in Zac Posen


Amber Heard in Ralph Lauren 

Kate Upton in Topshop and Zendaya in Michael Kors

Blake Lively in Burberry

Karolina Kurkova in Marchesa

Zoey Deutch in Dolce e Gabbana and Bee Shaffer in Alexander McQueen

Nicole Kidman in Alexander McQueen 

Nina Dobrev in Marchesa